Dear Valued Artist,
The Nic is grateful for artists like you. We can only deliver our vision of being the cultural anchor of our community and showcase contemporary art because of the talents and generosity of artists like you. Therefore, we ask for your help with our largest fundraiser — our 37th Annual Art Auction & Dinner on August 27th.
The Art of Resilience Gala, August 27th: The Art of Resilience Gala is Friday night and includes an exclusive, seated black-tie dinner party with a cocktail reception, awards, and auctions of original art. You can submit up to TWO works for the Art of Resilience Auction. The artist determines minimum bid prices, but all pieces must be valued at $300 or more.
● Artworks submitted into the Art of Resilience Gala will be consigned. The price– auctioned only at or above your stated minimum – will be shared 50/50 between you and the Nic.
● For the Gala, we will offer a “BUY IT NOW” price, which is 30% higher than the minimum bid provided on your submission form. The sale price will be shared 50% for you and 50% for the Nic.
● If you wish to support the Nic further, there is the option for a total donation of the sold piece.
● All entries must be original work completed within the last five years. Works on canvas must be framed or have finished edges.
● Frames must be in good condition (no scratches or loose corners). Screw eyes and hanging wire must be attached firmly to the back of the piece.
● Amanda Yonker, Curator of Art, must be notified in advance by email or snail mail if an unconventional method of hanging is required. Once an accepted piece of artwork is installed in the show, you may not ask to change its location or orientation.
● Work juried into the auction may not be substituted or withdrawn.
● All entries are left at the owner’s risk. Although precautions are taken, the Nic is not responsible for damage or theft.
● Art must be picked up – or with special instruction mailed back to the artist – no later than Friday, September 10th, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. After 90 days, the Nic will assume ownership of the piece.
● We will be giving a limited number of tickets to the Art of Resilience Gala to participating artists. Please let us know in your registration form if you would be interested in attending the Gala if chosen.
Please complete the registration form below by July 30th, 2021, and return it to the Nic with images of the work you propose for the exhibition. Email registration is preferred, along with publishable digital images (300 dpi) sent to email@example.com.
Your registration packet must include the following:
● Digital image of each submitted work (300 dpi)
July 30th – Firm deadline for submission of Registration Form
August 3rd – Notification of selections
August 16th- Firm deadline for artwork delivery to
Nicolaysen Art Museum
400 E. Collins Dr.
Casper, WY 82601
Attn: Amanda Yonker
August 20th – Exhibition of Gala Auction Opens
August 27th – The Art of Resilience Gala Art Auction & Black Tie Dinner
September 10th – Pick-up of all unsold works/Release of consignment payments.
Please know we are incredibly aware of the time and effort it takes for this type of donation within the framework of your hectic careers. The Annual Art Auction and Dinner is our most important fundraiser. Its success is entirely dependent on the goodwill and generosity of the artists and art patrons.