Dear Valued Artist,
The NIC is grateful for artists like you. We can only deliver our vision of being the cultural anchor of our community and to showcase contemporary art because of the talents and generosity of artists like you. We are asking for your help with our largest fundraiser — our 36th Annual Art Auction & Dinner on September 10 and 11. This year is all about joy and light with a Thursday night Light Rave and Friday evening Glow Gala.
Over the past three years, The NIC’s auction has been a juried exhibition. With the uncertainties brought by COVID, we have chosen to do an open call this year and will only bring in jurors if the entries exceed the space we have to adequately show them. We can have up to 45 works for the Rave and up to 90 pieces for Gala. If public gatherings are not allowed in September, these events may become virtual with an on-line bidding process.
We will host two days of activities. We invite you to choose whether to be involved in one or both of these events:
The Light Rave, September 10th: Thursday night will be the Light Rave and Art Sale with affordable tickets, interactive and performing art, and heavy hors d’oeuvres. You may submit up to TWO works with a Buy It Now value of $300 or less for inclusion in the Rave’s art sale.
The NIC’s Glow Gala, September 11th: The Glow Gala is Friday night and includes an exclusive, seated black tie dinner party with cocktail reception, awards, and auctions of original art. You can submit up to TWO works for the Glow Gala Auction. Minimum Bid prices are determined by the artist, but all works must be valued at $300 or more.
● Artworks submitted into the Light Rave and Glow Gala will be consigned. The price– auctioned only at or above your stated minimum – will be shared 50/50 between you and The NIC.
● For the Gala, we will offer a “BUY IT NOW” price which is 30% higher than the minimum bid provided on your submission form. The sale price will be shared 50% for you and 50% for The NIC.
● If you wish to support The NIC further, there is the option for a full donation of the sold piece.
● All entries must be original work completed within the last five years. Works on canvas must be framed or have finished edges.
● Frames must be in good condition (no scratches or loose corners). Screw eyes and hanging wire must be attached firmly to the back of the piece.
● The NIC’s Curator of Art, Amanda Yonker, must be notified in advance by email or snail mail, if an unconventional method of hanging is required. Once an accepted piece of artwork is installed in the show, you may not ask to change its location or orientation.
● Work juried into the auction may not be substituted or withdrawn.
● All entries are left at the owner’s risk. Although precautions are taken, The NIC is not responsible for damage or theft.
● If art does not sell at the Rave or Gala, it will be submitted into an Encore Auction Sale which will run September 14th – 20th . All art sold at this time will follow the same consignment arrangement above.
● Art must be picked up – or with special instruction mailed back to the artist – no later than Friday, September, 25 2019 at 5:00 p.m. After 90 days The NIC will assume ownership of the piece.
● All participating artists will also receive TWO FREE tickets to our Thursday night Glow Gala (valued at $80).
● All artists juried into the Diamond Ball will receive ONE FREE Annual Art Auction and Show ticket (valued at $150). As a contributing artist we can offer you an additional ticket for a guest at the discounted rate of $100. The offer of these tickets is not transferable and shall only be used by the artist and their guest.
Please complete the enclosed registration form by July 15, 2020 and return it to The NIC with images of the work that you propose for the exhibition. An email registration is preferred along with publishable digital images (300 dpi) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your registration packet must include the following:
● Digital image of each submitted work (300 dpi)
July 15 – Firm deadline for submission of Registration Form
August 5 – Notification of selections
Aug 21- Firm deadline for artwork delivery to
Nicolaysen Art Museum
400 E. Collins Dr.
Casper, WY 82601
Attn: Amanda Yonker
September 1 – Exhibition of Rave & Gala Auctions Opens
September 10 – Light Rave Art Sale and Art Party
September 11 – Glow Gala Art Auction & Black Tie Dinner
September 14 through 20 – Encore Auction Sale
September 25 – Pick-up of all unsold works/Release of consignment payments.
Please know we are incredibly aware of the time and effort it takes for this type of donation within the framework of your hectic careers. The Annual Art Auction and Dinner is our most important fundraiser. It’s success is entirely dependent on the goodwill and generosity of the artists and art patrons.REGISTRATION FORMAdd Button
NOTE: We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 state of emergency and will adjust scheduled events accordingly. If restrictions given by the Natrona County Health Department prevent us from gathering in person at the time of the Light Rave and Glow Gala, virtual versions of the events will be created.