Dear Valued Artist,
The NIC is grateful for artists like you. We can only deliver our vision of being the cultural anchor of our community and showcase contemporary art because of the talents and generosity of artists like you. Therefore, we ask for your help with our largest fundraiser — our 37th Annual Art Auction & Dinner on September 9th.
The Gatsby Gala, September 9th: The Gatsby Gala is Friday night and includes an exclusive, seated black-tie dinner party with a cocktail reception, awards, and auctions of original art. You can submit up to TWO works for the Gatsby Gala Auction. The artist determines minimum bid prices, but all pieces must be valued at $300 or more.
● Artworks submitted to the Gatsby Gala will be consigned. The price– auctioned only at or above your stated minimum – will be shared 50/50 between you and the NIC.
● For the Gala, we will offer a “BUY IT NOW” price, which is 30% higher than the minimum bid provided on your submission form. The sale price will be shared 50% for you and 50% for the NIC.
● If you wish to support the NIC further, there is the option for a total donation of the sold piece.
● All entries must be original work completed within the last five years. Works on canvas must be framed or have finished edges.
● Frames must be in good condition (no scratches or loose corners). Screw eyes and hanging wire must be attached firmly to the back of the piece.
● The NIC must be notified in advance by email or snail mail if an unconventional method of hanging is required. Once an accepted piece of artwork is installed in the show, you may not ask to change its location or orientation.
● Work juried into the auction may not be substituted or withdrawn.
● All entries are left at the owner’s risk. Although precautions are taken, the NIC is not responsible for damage or theft.
● Art must be picked up – or with special instruction mailed back to the artist – no later than Friday, September 23rd, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. After 90 days, the NIC will assume ownership of the piece.
● We will be giving a limited number of tickets to the Gatsby Gala to participating artists. Please let us know in your registration form if you would be interested in attending the Gala if chosen.
Please complete the registration form below by July 29th, 2022, and submit it to the NIC with images of the work you propose for the exhibition. The form below is preferred and you will have the ability to attach an image of your work. If you have trouble attaching an image, please email email@example.com with a 300 dpi image.
July 29th – Firm deadline for submission of the Registration Form (below)
August 5th – Notification of selections
August 19th- Firm deadline for artwork delivery to
Nicolaysen Art Museum
400 E. Collins Dr.
Casper, WY 82601
August 27th – Exhibition of Gala Auction Opens
September 9th – The Gatsby Gala Art Auction & Black Tie Dinner
September 23rd – Pick-up of all unsold works/Release of consignment payments.
Please know we are incredibly aware of the time and effort it takes for this type of donation within the framework of your hectic careers. The Annual Art Auction and Dinner is our most important fundraiser. Its success is entirely dependent on the goodwill and generosity of the artists and art patron